Tuesday 24 April 2012

música para sonriente


I write this post whilst sat on my bed, munching on a Galaxy Easter egg, taking a break from the masses of work I have to do. My life is bombarded with exam stress at the moment and the mixed emotions of determination and hopeless failure. Perhaps many of you are in the same situation right now and, if so, why not listen to this mini playlist I have put together.


M. Ward's Primitive Girl, taken from the new album A Wasteland Companion, is a tranquil pillow of elation, which your ears can rest upon and block out all negative vibes. I remember the first time I heard it on Lauren Laverne's 6 Music show and I actually had to pause and smile to myself because it's so beautiful.


I have a total girl crush on Josephine de La Baume. She's the epitome of Parisian beauty and the fact she produces great, catchy pop songs (hurry up debut album. Release date: 23rd July in UK) avec Alexandre de La Baume makes her even more irresistible. 



And who brought a record on Record Store Day? I had to post this because The Vaccines are my favourite band and this cover of R Stevie Moore's Why Should I Love You? is brilliant. Check out Freddie's guitar solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot ♥