Thursday 16 August 2012

chocolate and biscuit rock buns

200g self-raising flour, 100g margarine, 75 sugar (or, as I used, the wondrous sugar substitute that is  Stevia), 1 egg, chocolate, biscuits. Combine flour, sugar and margarine and form breadcrumbs. Add your chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate and biscuits. Then mix in the egg. Form it to ball-like shapes and place into oven for 20-ish minutes. 

I don't know, baking seems to be appearing a lot on my blog recently. Do you all like reading about my attempted efforts of making food? I'm still unsure on what my blog is about so perhaps it could be a regular theme.
Anyway, I was competing in a tennis tournament on Tuesday and the lovely organisers handed each competitor a goody bag containing a packet of locally baked gingerbread (which taste surprisingly pleasant as they melt in my mouth like shortbread) I decided to use them in a rock bun recipe with chopped up chocolate as a way of stopping myself from munching on them all afternoon, afterwards realising there was no logic in that as the rock buns probably contain double the amount of fattiness..

I'd also like to take this moment to say, if any of you received your exam results today, I hope you are pleased and did as well/better than you expected. If like me you didn't (I got my AS)  then don't worry, it will all turn out the way you hope as long as you believe in yourself!
 xo

On the playlist
Mumford and Sons- I Will Wait
Lucy Rose- Bikes
Suki Waterhouse- Stoned

3 comments:

  1. Yum! These look delicious!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound good!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! :D definaetely going to try it! I love your blog, it's so cute. Definately going to follow! Would love you to follow mine?
    http://fortheloveofruffles.blogspot.com/

    xxxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot ♥