Monday 17 September 2012

feliz cumpleaños

Today is my birthday and spending the weekend with my family was the ideal way to celebrate. On Saturday we took the train down to Brighton where we walked across the seafront, our feet sinking beneath stones and pebbles, sat and peacefully inhaled the fresh air and scent of sea salt whilst munching on chips, and took a trip on the Brighton Eye (a big wheel like the London Eye) dreamily gazing at the sunlight dance on the calm water. What I love about the town is its lack of tacky tourist attractions/ places selling souvenirs and how you can walk down narrow streets, which look secretive and reclusive, and admire the expensive jewellery, pretty boutiques and friendly looking cafes. That evening, after returning back to my sister's town of Horley (Surrey), we dined in a scrumptious Thai restaurant (because you can never go wrong with mixed vegetables and coconut rice)

I received some of the most wonderful gifts and I will make sure to include some pictures in a soon-to-follow post. In the meantime, here is me and my Caterpillar cake and my sister's purrrfectly adorable kitten, Tygra.



1 comment:

  1. it's like sister-instinct that I just literally saw this as soon as you posted it!;) the cat is so cutee!!! <3 hehe, so glad you've had a fabadoozle weekend! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot ♥