Saturday 3 November 2012

Do you want pictures? I've got pictures: Wildfox Resort 2012/13

Entitled Granny's Closest, Wildfox's latest resort collection pays homage to granny- a microcosm of all grannies we know and love. My granny didn't have a cat, nor did she live in a luxuriousness mansion with a luscious swimming pool and a tennis court. She didn't even knit. Instead, my granny was a petite lady with an enormous heart. She had a warmth to her personality that would heat up the arctic and and her glass was always half full. Yes, her positivity was enough to make me question my own ways of thinking and her presence could always be compared to that of sunshine or a rainbow overlooking greyness. Because of that, my granny is this collection and the photoshoot in which the clothes are portrayed. I'm in love.

The shorts are cute and dreamy; the knitwear light and playful; the classic grandma elements (use of florals, headscarves et cetera) are combined with an eternal youthfulness and grey hair has never looked so vibrant and appealing. As for Nyasha Matonhodze with her long blue waves... well it puts Katy Perry to shame.


13 comments:

  1. aww MAN THIS IS SO CUTE!! grannies ftw hehe, i'd quite fancy the 'i love cats' top !

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous lookbook, I love wildfox!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing photos!!! Love them all!
    You have a wonderful blog! Do you want to follow each other? Follow my blog on Bloglovin' and let me know. I always follow back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these picutres!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!<3
    Would you like following each other?:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pictures I love them!
    sewthecity.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin the editorial photos here! Grandma sweaters are underrated! My grandma use to knit some really trendy looking sweaters back in the day! I miss her. ^^''

    The Krystel Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos. WildFox always has the best lookbooks.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a bit of Wildfox, so inspirational. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Supercute!

    XO Jules
    http://www.stylebyjules.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pis! I love those polka shorts <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot ♥