Wednesday 22 February 2012

London fashion week favourites



I thought I'd share with you some of my stand out collections from London fashion week, that I haven't already mentioned. 


If there was one word to sum up Tuesday then it's quite simply 'creative'.
Mary Katrantzou stood out for me the most and I do think it's my favourite collection of them all. It's just so imaginative and innovative. She included her statement lampshade dresses and prints this time around involved clocks, mazes, and household furniture all in audacious colours. Silver and gold also made an appearance in the form of futuristic dresses which were almost robotic.

  
Then there was Holly Fulton and the electrifying turquoise which I'm totally in love with!! (mostly because I think it's my favourite colour) Her familiar, bold, structural patterns formed the thigh-length dresses and vibrant pinks powered up the show, adding a controlled femininity. 


and, as always, Meadham Kirchhoff were not afraid to take fashion to the extreme and literally turned the catwalk into a great, gay, fun disco for their show. There were long chiffon dresses, frilled at the bottom (one of which was paired with a silver and gold tinsel jacket), and a rainbow, striped sequin suit. There were playful fur coats and thin layered dresses reminiscent of the coloured parachutes occasionally played with during early school days. (Does anybody else remember them?)


The dresses at McQ are to die for- so beautiful!!


And the whole Topshop Unique collection is super stylish. I would quite happily own every item from it.


How about you? what's your favourite? Feel free to comment below :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot ♥