Friday 25 January 2013

hooray for the weekend


RECIPE OF THE WEEK. I've thought maybe this could be a new feature for my blog as it is becoming part of my weekend routine to bake up some mini treats (partly due to the cupcake maker I unexpectedly received for Christmas) and I like to share them with you because, well, everyone likes cakes and stuff, right?

I understand that many hate bananas and if you are one of those many then I am sorry but this one's heavily banana based. It's an ideal breakfast cupcake as it's packed with healthy energy to hopefully help keep you feeling awake and active throughout the morning. It's also incredibly simple and quick to make! To do so, you will need...
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 egg
  • 50g butter
  • 50g brown sugar
  • 65g wholemeal self raising flour
what to do...

  • Preheat the oven to 180
  • Mash one banana and the egg together. (I did this in a mixer and then poured it into a bowl)
  • In a larger bowl, beat together the butter and sugar
  • Add the banana mixture and then fold in your flour
  • Finally, divide into cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. I placed a slice of banana on top of mine, as you can see :-)


As it's the weekend, I'd like to leave you with this thought: wouldn't it be wonderful to spend the week as a princess, living in these dresses from the Valentino spring 2013 couture collection? luxuriant, exquisite, dainty... wouldn't it be a dream?

5 comments:

  1. those dresses are soooo incredible!


    xx,
    Izumi
    Hybrid Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh those look so yummy! I really need to start baking, this recipe sounds good. I might have to try it out. And omg those dresses are BEAUTIFUL.

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are beautiful, I wish I was a princess!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot ♥